Saturday, May 9, 2015

Market totes!

It's spring time - time for bike rides, for getting outdoors - and for visiting outdoor markets. One of my favorite projects this time of year is a simple market tote. These are wonderfully useful for carrying groceries or other market type goods in a convenient manner, without using disposable bags. Often made with 100% cotton (all of mine are), they are very sturdy and eco-friendly.

Market tote made from plain cotton yarn
These are also one of the most commented on items that I have currently - almost every time I stop by The Gaslight Gallery, where some of my work is displayed and for sale, someone mentions how much they could use one!

The length of the shoulder strap is adjustable; just untie the knot and re-tie at a length that feels comfortable. A few of my taller friends like the strap longer. Myself being slightly on the shorter side (have you ever met a tall ninja? I haven't yet!) I tie them a little shorter so the bag doesn't hang down to my knees.


No comments:

Post a Comment